In 1910 the Chester County Historical Society dedicated a historical marker sign for Coventry Forge. The sign was recently restored and re-installed at the park access on Coventryville Rd., the original location of the forge, to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the founding of Coventry Forge in 1717. North Coventry Township has a connection to Coventry Forge as Samuel Nutt, founder of the iron works, named the area Coventry, after his former home in Coventry England. Also, the charcoal hearths in the northeast portion of Coventry Woods made charcoal to fuel Coventry Forge.
Submitted by Jay Erb