Township Treasurer and Recording Secretary – Full-time: North Coventry Township seeks applicants to perform book keeping, banking, and payroll services, must attend evening meetings and take and transcribe minutes. Must be well-spoken, organized, individual who can deal with the public. Must be proficient in the use of QuickBooks and preparing reports. Minimum five years’ experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable, employee benefit & payroll administration, and annual budget data preparation in a QuickBooks system, Comprehensive benefits/Competitive Salary offered. Must have a valid PA driver’s license. Background, credit checks and ability to get a surety bond required. Previous Municipal experience preferred but not required.
NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Download application below
JOB DESCRIPTION- TOWNSHIP TREASURER
DUTIES OF TREASURER
1. To be responsible for receiving all monies due the Township and depositing them promptly upon receipt in a banking institution in the name of North Coventry Township.
2. To keep distinct and accurate accounts of all sums received from taxes and other sources and assist the auditors in the review of these accounts.
3. To pay out all monies received only on orders authorized by the Township Manager or by the Board of Supervisors.
4. To collect the Tax on Mechanical Amusement Devices, issue certificates for the paid tax and keep related records.
5. To invoice developers for all engineering, legal, and consultant fees for expenses incurred to the Township and maintain accurate records of their escrow accounts.
6. To assist the Township Manager in compiling annual budgets and reports.
7. To assist the Township Parks and Recreation Commission by keeping their financial records.
8. To assist the Norco Fire Company officials by writing certain checks for them and
9. Other such duties as described by the Manager or Board.
1. To attend all regular meetings of the Township Board of Supervisors and any Workshop
Meetings or Special Meetings, when requested, and record the minutes.
2. To secure appropriate bonds and insurance certification.
3. To keep personnel and payroll records.
4. To submit payroll withholding tax forms as required by Federal, State and local agencies.
5. To process Workmen’s Compensation claims and keep insurance coverage’s current.
6. To comply with regulations of the Federal, State and County governments with regards to administration of State Highway Aid Funds, Community Development Grants, and Police and Non-Uniformed Employees Pension Funds; and submit records for audit of these Funds.
7. To issue Road Occupancy Permits and Driveway Permits.
8. To maintain files on proposed subdivisions, send subdivisions for review to County Planning Commission, Township Engineer, and other officials and agencies as required. To maintain escrow accounts as needed.
9. To serve as assistant and confidential secretary to the Township Manager/Township Secretary of the Board of Supervisors.
The statements listed above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person in the position of Township Treasurer. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required to perform the job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work required is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.