South Coventry >> Unsuspecting students at Owen J. Roberts High School were met with the sound of tires screeching and sirens approaching on Friday morning.
Public Meeting #3
April 15, 2015
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
at the North Coventry Township Building
- A PowerPoint presentation was used throughout the meeting to provide slides.
- John W. gave an introduction of the project and introduced the steering committee. He then reviewed the master planning process and the history of the site as reported at the previous meetings. He then reviewed the items discussed at the previous meetings including the various alternatives that were discussed. He also noted some of the time constraints involved with the project including the need to relocate the existing municipal maintenance garage by 2020 and the deed restriction on the southern half of the site limiting construction until 2029.
- John W. then reviewed the key components of the site plan that came out of the previous meetings:
- The Maintenance and Municipal Buildings are to be constructed in the middle of the site. While this may not be the most desirable as far as the site layout, it is the least construction cost.
- Primary access to the site will be taken from Lenape Crossing with the secondary access from South Hanover Street.
- Passive recreation uses for the site including naturalized areas, trails, and environmental education stations.
Township Manager Kevin Hennessey and North Coventry Township were mentioned at yesterday's Township Supervisor's conference in Hershey. During PSATS Executive Director Dave Stanko's executive message, Kevin was credited with the idea of a state wide … [Continue reading]
Submitted by Kim White Dear Amphibian Friends, Looks like the migration year is over. It was the latest start that I have observed. I have not heard any wood frogs in a long time. I am guessing that the wood frogs and salamanders that we did … [Continue reading]
Starting Monday 4/20, Vaughn Road will be closed at Route 724 for resurfacing. Road work is expected to take several days, weather permitting. … [Continue reading]
Vaughn Road will be closed for road repairs from Route 724 to East Keller Road. The closure will begin Monday, April 20 until Friday, April 24th from 7am to 3:30 pm. Please make alternate travel plans. Thank You! … [Continue reading]
The next public meeting of the Hanover Meadows Master Plan Steering Committee will be held Wednesday April 15th at 6pm at the North Coventry Township administration building. This is the final meeting in a series of three meetings and one workshop … [Continue reading]
Submitted by Kim WhiteHello Everyone, Tonight looks like it could be wet at migration time. Chance of precipitation is about 45% and lower. I will set up for volunteers at 7:45 if it is raining. There may be thunderstorms mixed in. … [Continue reading]
Submitted by Kim White Attention: This is not an April Fool's joke! I think it was too cold for much to happen last night. The temperature hovered around 38 degrees and we saw some flurries mixing in with the rain. It seemed wet enough, it seemed … [Continue reading]