What are your hours of business?
Township and Police Administration:8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How do I get to the Township Building? View Map
The Township Building is located at 845 S Hanover Street, just a 1/10 of a mile south of Route 724. From Route 100, take Rt 724 east to South Hanover Street. Turn right. The township building is .1 miles south on the right hand side (located nest to the West Mont Christian Academy).
Does the Township provide trash hauling?
No. The Township licenses private haulers to pick up trash and recyclables in the Township. A resident may choose any hauler licensed by the Township.
Licensed trash haulers are:
D&L Disposal 610-705-0875
AJ Blosenski 610-942-2707
Waste Management 610-367-1300
JP Mascaro 610-779-8807 (Commercial Service Only)
Ches-mont Disposal, 610-584-5450
Haulers collection days vary, depending on which company a resident chooses. Please contact the hauler for details.
Does the Township require residents and businesses to recycle?
Yes. The Township requires residents to recycle newspaper, glass, aluminum, and leaves. Businesses are required to recycle office paper, cardboard, aluminum and leaves.
Does the Township provide leaf pick up?
Yes and No. In areas with curbing and stormwater drains, the township does vacuum up leaves. Streets without curbing, the township does not vacuum up the leaves. Your trash hauler must provide 3 days of leaf pickup in the fall and once in the spring.
Does the Township have a composting site?
Yes, the township has partnered with Arborganic Acres to allow residents to drop off leaves and branches in biodegradable bags or in bulk. Arborganic Acres is located at 901 Cherry Hill Lane, Pottstown 19465. See our recycling page for a map to the location and the hours of business.
Is there a place in the Township for disposal of large items, such as furniture, old computers, appliances, etc.?
Please contact your trash hauler for information on bulk items pickup. Chester County Health Department, Division of Solid Waste Management at (610) 344-6692.
Are water and sewer provided by the Township?
Public sewer and water is available in limited areas in the township. For details contact;
North Coventry Municipal Authority
North Coventry Water Authority
1485 E Schuylkill Road
Where should questions about my cable TV be directed?
Please direct all of your questions about service or billing to COMCAST at 610-323-6400 or to their office at 190 Shoemaker Road, Pottstown.
FIOS- Verizon has resumed negotiations with the township to provide service to residents. Please check back for updates.
Does specific building/construction, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, etc. work require a permit?
Most projects require a permit.
- FENCES – permit required when the whole yard is being enclosed with a gate. Fences cannot be higher than 8 feet.
- SHEDS – if the shed is under 120 square feet, no permit is required. If it is between 120 and 500 square feet, a Zoning Permit is required. If the shed is over 500 square feet, a Building and Zoning Permit are required. Setbacks are as follows for all sheds:
- Zoning District R-1, TC-1, and TC-2 is 10 feet from the side and rear of property and in Zoning District RR and RC, the setback is 25 feet side and rear of the property. The setbacks must be clearly marked either with paint or flags on the corners. The Building Inspector must measure the corners before the shed is installed, so please call the township office to schedule this inspection.
- ABOVE GROUND POOLS, SPA’S or HOT_TUB’S: Either Portable or Inflatable: Above Ground pools with detachable steps are not required to have a fence but a permit is required. If the water depth is over 24 inches in any one of the above, a permanent barrier is required and a permit is needed.
- INGROUND POOLS – must always have a fence with a gate and a permit is needed. Setbacks are 25 feet side and rear of property for all pools no matter what zoning district you live in.
Contact the Township’s Building/Code Enforcement Department to determine whether or not your project needs a permit at (610) 323-1694.
Does the Township offer any recreational activities and/or summer camps for children?
For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Does the Township sponsor any day trips, classes or activities for adults and/or senior citizens?
Can a Township park, Pavillion and/or ball field be reserved and how?
Yes, call twp office for more information on fees at 610-323-1694.
What should I do about a dead animal (deer, fox, squirrel, bird, etc.) in my yard or on a roadway?
Call the PA Game Commission at 610-926-3136 to report it.
What are the meeting dates and times for the Township boards?
Meeting dates and times for each of the Townships boards and committees are listed on the Township website.
Who are the supervisors and members of various Township boards?
Members of each of the Township boards and committees are listed on the Township website. Go to Directory.
Are meeting minutes available?
Minutes from the previous meeting must be voted on and approved before they can be posted to our web page for the public.
Where do I vote?
A voting map and list of precincts is located on the Township website. Go to Voting. For more information, contact Chester County Voter Services at (610) 344-6410.
Where do I report a zoning violation?
Call (610) 323-1694
What is the zoning of my property?
Township zoning map is available online. Go to Maps. Zoning maps are also available at the township office for a fee.
Is there a local income tax in North Coventry Township?
Yes. The local income tax is 1.25%. There is also a per capita tax of $9.80 per year. For details go to taxes. Tax Collector is Nance Sparks, Phone 610-970-0334.
Who is responsible for road maintenance?
The township road crew is responsible for maintaining Township-owned roads. PennDOT is responsible for maintaining state roads.
Which fire company covers my neighborhood?
Norco Fire Company. Visit their web site at www.norcofireco.org.