At the September 25, 2023 Board of Supervisors meeting, several important updates and discussions were presented by the supervisors and other officials:
- Chairman Marks inquired about the status of the Keim Street Bridge, to which Township Manager Batdorf mentioned she is awaiting updates and will follow up to gather more information.
- Supervisor Soumis raised a question regarding the Shenkel Road Bridge, and Road Master McKee mentioned that he will address this matter in the morning.
- Supervisor Hipple requested an update on the Fall/Winter Newsletter, with Township Manager Batdorf reporting that the newsletters are currently in the printing process.
- Supervisor Soumis shared information from an article in the August 2023 PSATs magazine, discussing grid-scale solar development and its impact on the Township’s budgets and the local economy. He noted both the pros and cons of such development and acknowledged that the Township is still some time away from adopting renewable energy solutions.
- Chairman Marks announced the Limerick Drill scheduled for Tuesday, September 26, 2023.
- Chairman Marks mentioned that the Chester County Planning Commission is hosting a summit on Tuesday, September 26, 2023, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Furthermore, an extension of this program includes four additional sustainability summits, with one taking place at Longwood Gardens on Wednesday, September 27, 2023.
- Chairman Marks also noted an upcoming Pottstown Metropolitan Regional Planning Commission meeting where a proposed 155 single-family home development in East Coventry will be discussed.
- Additionally, Chairman Marks informed everyone about a Chester County Association of Township Officials (CCATO) meeting on Thursday 9/28 at 6 p.m.
- Vice-Chairman Scheler announced that the Open Space meeting, initially scheduled for Tuesday, September 26, 2023, would be relocated to the Norco Fire Company due to the Limerick Drill.
- Supervisor Hipple inquired about any updates on the Jones Road meadows, and Township Manager Batdorf responded that she is still awaiting information on the available options.
These reports and updates covered various topics, from infrastructure concerns to community events and sustainability efforts within the Township.